January has left us and February is here. Winter? What’s that? We really haven’t had much of one so far, though our severe weather does tend to hit in February and March.
So, how did I do in January? Not too bad, if I can say so honestly. The original Jan goals post is here. And here they are, marked appropriately for completeness.
Write Hubby a love note.
sew a schoolhouse tunic for me.
3. make 2 blankets for the gift stash. (both of which are likely to be given away this month, too!)
blog 10 times. (this is the second time in January)
5. make morning and bedtime routines habits (getting easier each day)
finish Doctor D’s pants (2 down, 1 to go)
establish a reward system for my own chore chart. I made chocolate pudding for myself since I checked off a majority of the boxes on my chore chart. Yeah, I know… I was pretty easy on myself.
I picked up a project for a company I work for (its a kinda new thing for me) that was a bigger project than I’ve ever done before, and life got quite busy for a bit. Like the last 2 weeks of January. Things are a bit more normal now, though I’m finding that doing these projects is going to require a new normal. That doesn’t surprise me though.
As for the tunic… well, I made it, but haven’t quite finished the hems. See, its a bit too big….
This is it. Worn over 2 tee-shirts and a sweater. It might make a nice maternity top, should that blessing come along again. But I think I’ll finish the hems and put it away. I was thinking about taking it apart and adjusting the size to fit better, but decided against that, it just feels like too much right now. I do want to figure out how to adjust clothing and patterns to fit better.
I didn’t get any blankets made. Argh, I’m so behind on baby gifts.
I’m thinking about February now. I figure I need to consider that February is a shorter month, so keep goals reasonable. I also want to keep working on habits that promote discipline. I’ve started getting up earlier, and I’m participating in the Hello Mornings Challenge, and those morning and evening routines sure help the day get started well. So, with all that in mind…
1. Write Hubby a love note.
2. Finish reading “Sheet Music” (by Kevin Leman, I started it a year or two ago. Yeah, I do that with books!)
3. Get caught up on baby gifts (blankets) and make 1 more gift for the stash.
4. Blog 10 times in February.
5. Keep up with morning and bedtime routines.
6. Get up at 6 am on weekday mornings. (which means getting to bed before 10 pm!)
7. Sew a simple skirt for myself. or somesuch simple, simple no more than 4 seams to sew. Maybe fleece pants.
Anybody else have goals they can talk about? I really do enjoy reading about them! Post a link in the comment if you’ve got something. Or just leave a comment with what you are working on.
And now, I’m off to lounge this Saturday morning.