I’m doing it.
I, Rachael, take the Seamless pledge for 2012. I will abstain from buying any new clothes until the end of my pledge. I will find ways to be fashionable without breaking the bank and without contributing to the cycle of fast fashion consuming the high street. I will trawl through charity shops, I will attend clothes swaps, I will look for second-hand items on eBay and I will craft my own clothes with my own two hands.
- No buying new clothes for the duration of your pledge. That is new mass-manufactured clothes (under clothing excluded).
- I will buy second-hand manufactured clothes.
- Vintage clothing is a-ok! (Not that I wear vintage, this would be new for me)
- I hope to make most of what I need!
- Does this mean I now have to be “fashionable”?